Now that summer’s (finally) in full swing, it’s time for a gardening challenge update.
- most of my planting was done back in spring, but I have added succession carrots, bush beans (purple, green and wax), lettuce, more zinnias and morning glories
- lettuce, scallions, dill, parsley, chives, sage, thyme, snap peas
- frozen: whole strawberries, sugared strawberries, snap peas
- canned: strawberry jelly
- continue to carry water bottle, reusable bags, reusable containers, cloth napkins, etc.
Preparation and Storage:
Build Community Food Systems:
- the biggest development was the birth of the little horse, who will help build our local food system by attracting children and adults alike to our farm market
- visit local farmers’ markets
- of course, visit my family’s farm market for anything I can (strawberries!!!)
- Ed continues to help at his brother’s aquaculture business
Eat the Food:
- continue to cook from the freezer, using our pork, beef, fish and shellfish
- strawberry cutie pies
- strawberry pie