With the end of July right around the corner (can you believe it!), I’m taking some time to update how I’ve been doing with my gardening challenges.
- succession lettuce
- lettuce, scallions, dill, parsley, chives, sage, thyme, snap peas, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes
- wild wineberries
- frozen: peas, carrots
- continue to carry water bottle, reusable bags, reusable containers, cloth napkins, etc.
Preparation and Storage:
- planning the fall garden
- stored potatoes
Build Community Food Systems:
- watched and reviewed Food, Inc.
- visit local farmers’ markets
- of course, visit my family’s farm market for anything I can
- Ed continues to help at his brother’s aquaculture business
Eat the Food:
- continue to cook from the freezer, using our pork, beef, fish and shellfish
- cooking from the garden
- wineberry cobbler
- cucumber yogurt dip
- fresh fried fish
- blueberry pie
- strawberry fruit leather
How’s your garden growing?
2 responses to “July Challenge Update”
Wow! Go you! Are you really harvesting tomatoes? Ours look so very sad.
Thanks for the reply about the hay – the Dudley farm may indeed have some hay, though maybe not enough. I have a few leads though, I am happy to buy it from somewhere and then donate it back too!
WOW! You’re way too impressive to me!!!!