This is one of our favorite soups to have on a snowy day.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bullion
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup of dried egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup flour mixed in 1/2 cup water
- In a large soup pot, melt butter and sauté onion and carrots. When onions are translucent, add potatoes and continue to cook a few more minutes.
- Stir in the bay leaves, thyme, and Better Than Bullion.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, milk, and 2 cups water. Stir in the egg noodles and bring to a boil. Turn it to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in peas and flour / water mixture to thicken. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with fresh bread or crackers.
- 5 cups shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 Oz. jar of salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours. Serve with shredded pepper jack cheese and Greek yogurt. And more chips! Using a rotisserie chicken makes it even easier.
Monday – steak with peppers and onions, rice, salad
Tuesday – meatloaf, potatoes, broccoli, salad
Wednesday – white chicken chili, salad
Thursday – pancakes, sausage, berries
Friday – homemade pizza and salad
Saturday – out to dinner for my birthday!
Sunday – Slow Cooker brisket, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli
Monday – veggie frittata, bacon, fruit salad
Tuesday – tacos with ground beef and grilled peppers, rice, salad
Wednesday – grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, salad
Thursday – steak, potatoes, salad
Friday – pork chops, leftover macaroni and cheese, applesauce, salad
Saturday – Mommy is going out! Daddy can cook whatever he wants!
Sunday – Slow Cooker pulled pork over sweet potatoes, salad
Monday – Unstuffed Cabbage Skillet
Tuesday – Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes and Salad
Wednesday – Hamburgers and Pasta Salad
Thursday – Sesame Chicken and Brown Rice with Broccoli
Friday – Egg Roll in a Bowl
Saturday – Slow Cooker Sausage, Tomato Sauce and Ziti, Salad
Sunday – Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, Egg Noodles and Salad
Monday – spaghetti and sausage, broccoli
Tuesday – steak, sweet potatoes, salad
Wednesday – hamburgers, baked fries, salad
Thursday – pork chops, rice, applesauce, salad
Friday – homemade pizza
Saturday – chicken legs, macaroni and cheese, salad
Sunday – frittata, bacon, fruit salad