A round up of my posts from last week
At the Breastfeeding Diaries, I shared My Top Five Pumping Tips:
I’ve been pumping at work for almost five months now, so I wanted to share some tips and tricks that I’ve learned along the way.
Over at the Green Phone Booth, I wrote about three ways we can reduce the negative environmental impact of the human population in 7 Billion Elephants in the Room:
Let’s work towards improving quality of life for people living in poverty, empowering women to make decisions about family planning, decreasing childhood mortality, and reducing the negative impacts on the environment.
Finally, be sure to check out my Spring Celebration, and please join in by sharing a birthday cake recipe, a birth story, or your baby picture! See the post for details. The celebration starts Thursday!
Since I write in a few different places, I’ve decided to start a new feature here called “Sunday Stories” where I will share my other posts from the past week.
This week at the Breastfeeding Diaries, I shared how I overcome objections:
It always starts with “How’s the baby sleeping?” (A loaded question.) I’ve tried humor- “Sleep? What’s that?” and I’ve tried honesty- “On a good night, he’s up 4-5 times. On a bad night, he’s up every 15-30 minutes.” Both of these responses lead to people giving unsolicited advice about my choice to co-sleep and/or breastfeed on-demand.
At the Green Phone Booth, I wrote a round up of 10 Ways to Upcycle Jeans:
These Recycled Jean Pocket Pets are so cute! I especially love the owl and can imagine it sitting on a tall bookshelf in my son’s room.
I had a second post this week at the Green Phone Booth! I shared some fun facts about maple syrup in Sugaring Season:
It takes approximately 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of maple syrup.
We also spent some time on the farm yesterday, joining my family as they tapped trees. Check out my mom’s blog for more pictures.
I’ve also decided two things after looking at my mom’s pictures from yesterday:
- The blue, men’s XL jacket that I wore last year when I was 9 months pregnant does nothing for my figure now.
- It can’t all be blamed on the jacket. I joined weight watchers.
Check out my posts on other sites from the past week!
At the Green Phone Booth, I asked for tips on gardening with a toddler:
My plan for this year involves less guilt, more weeding, and a lot more fun for our family.
And I have two posts at The Breastfeeding Diaries. Read about Keeping The Romance Alive (Or Not) and how I’ve diagnosed myself as a Milk Hoarder.
I also have a request: I’m writing a post for next week about upcycling old pairs of jeans. If you have any crafty projects, I’d love to see them and link to them!
Go check out my review at The Green Phone Booth and enter for a chance to win my copy of the book!
Go check out my waste-free yogurt tutorial at the Green Phone Booth!
Check out my alter-ego’s first post at the Green Phone Booth!
I love the camaraderie of the green blogging community, but I feel like I’ve lost my connection since going back to work full time. Being a full-time mom, wife and teacher consumes my life and I’ve let my online community fall through the cracks. I miss my online friends. My blogging goal for the new year: Get back into the Green Blogging Community! Here’s how I plan to reconnect:
- Join some challenges! Up first, the I’m Not Buying It challenge at Greenhab. I talked to Ed about it last night, and we’re committing to buying nothing new for six months (with a few exceptions, like food and gifts). Details coming in a future post!
- Join the Green Phone Booth as a regular contributor! I was so flattered when they asked me to join, and I’m working on my superhero persona! I’m posting there every-other Friday, starting January 7!
- And finally, celebrate my blogiversary ON TIME this year! I completely forgot about it the last two years! It’s in March, and I want to do something really special to celebrate. Any ideas?