We had our first salad from our garden last night. I planted tons of lettuce back in March, with hopes of using the thinnings for early summer salads. So far this year, we’ve eaten herbs, spinach, and now this lettuce out of the garden. Are you picking anything yet?
- too rainy last week, didn’t plant anything…
- pickle cukes
- yellow squash
- crookneck squash
- my first couple of (small) tomatoes
- Ed built shelves and hangers in the garage. We organized our gardening stuff.
Cook something new.
- maple/mustard breaded baked pork chops (my invention, but forgot to take a picture… I’ll post pictures next time)
- bacon and onion pizza using Chris and Melissa’s onions
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe from Animal Vegetable Miracle)
Manage your reserves.
- used some of the pesto I froze earlier this summer
- organized freezer
- reusable shopping bags
- Sigg water bottle
- made pickles out of the plethora of cukes from our garden and Chris and Melissa’s garden
Work on local food systems.
Learn a new skill.