Little updates are about all I can handle on this busy Monday!
I successfully completed National Blog Posting Month by posting each day in the month of November.
I attended my 10 year reunion over the weekend, and had a great time visiting with old friends. I was also shocked that Ed had a good time. At an event where he doesn’t know a lot of people, he typically sits at the table and bugs me about going home, but this time he actually mingled and enjoyed himself. I got lots of good pregnancy and mommy advice from my experienced friends. I’m 25 weeks pregnant, for those of you who are counting.
The boys decorated the farm market for Christmas over the weekend. Doesn’t it look great? There are “chaser” lights on the waterwheel, so it looks like it’s turning. I didn’t edit the photo at all, just took it at dusk without a flash. I think it looks like a gingerbread house.
- Ed put an archery range in our basement, and has been practicing every night. I don’t allow guns in our house, but I think arrows are okay.
- The cashier at the grocery store passed out today while waiting on me. People rushed over to help her, but all I could do was wonder if she was sick/contageous. Turned out she had low blood sugar.
- I’m working on decorating the house for Christmas. So far, I’ve put candles in the windows (LED), lights on the stair railing, decorated the mantle with silver ornaments, roping, lights and stockings, and set up my Christmas village. We still need to get some outside decorations and a tree.
- I cry during songs/TV shows/movies/commercials that are any of the following: sad, sentimental, happy, patriotic, holiday-themed. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to start driving without the radio on.
- I did not participate in Black Friday or Cyber Monday, and I’m feeling way behind on Christmas shopping.
- I’ve just recently started looking at the coupons they hand out with my receipt at the grocery store. Why didn’t I use these before?
- I just recently realized that I don’t have to make up snow days this year, since I’ll be out on maternity leave. So I say COME ON SNOW!