It’s finally summer! I used to plan summer vacation for myself, but now I’ve got a companion! I’m so excited to have all summer to do nothing but play with Joshua! Well, I guess I’ll probably have to pull my weight with dishes, laundry, cooking and cleaning. But the majority of my days will be spent playing!
Each week, I hope to find time for each of the following:
- swim in the pool (this may end up being more than once a week!)
- go to the beach (may substitute the pool…)
- go on an adventure – aquarium, zoo, movie, children’s museum
- do something crafty at home – paint with pudding, build a cardboard play house…
I also want to transform the room above our garage into a playroom. Toys are now crammed into our living room and not organized at all, and we have this big empty space. Some ideas-
- Find kid-sized table and chairs. I have a little rocking chair, maybe paint it…
- Add a nice rug
- Make a felt board
- Set up a cozy reading area and move Joshua’s book case into the playroom from his bedroom
Of course I want to do some things for myself, too. I’m hoping to keep up with Weight Watchers for the summer and I also have a few books I’m reading. I’m hoping to get some canning done and keep up with the garden, too.
What are your plans for the summer?